Jerry Kennedy was born and raised in Albany County. He was raised on a Northern Albany County ranch that was homesteaded by his father William Kennedy in the early 1900’s. His family was active in Albany County interests.
Jerry Kennedy married Evelyn 50 years ago. He is the father of two sons who were raised on the family ranch in Albany County. Both attended elementary schools in an Albany County one room rural school.
Jerry is the grandfather of two grandsons ages 14 and 11. Jerry and wife Evelyn are self-employed cattle ranchers on the family owned ranch in Northern Albany County. Together they run Dodge Creek Ranch, a cow-calf operation. Jerry also operates a licensed Big Game Outfitting business from the ranch.
He has worked as a Fire Guard for BLM Rawlins District for 47 consecutive years.
He has been a Republican Precinct Committeeman for 48 years and has attended most State Republican conventions representing Albany County.
Jerry Kennedy is member of:
- Albany County Farm Bureau
- Albany County Stockgrowers Association
- National Rifle Association
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Masonic Lodge #16
- Wyoming Outfitters and Guides Association
- Albany County Republican Party
- Sybille fire Zone
- Southeast Wyoming Economic Development District Director
- LCCC Albany County advisory board
Commissioner Jerry Kennedy has enjoyed serving Albany County and would be privileged to serve Albany County for another term.