Jerry M. Kennedy
Albany County Commissioner
- Jerry has a lifelong investment in Albany County
- Jerry is approachable and willing to listen
- He knows the stress of meeting problems and can make the hard decisions necessary to correct the situation
- He is willing to tackle the hard jobs and is dedicated to Albany County
- Jerry is a forward planner
- He believes in using a common sense approach
- Jerry respects personal rights and property rights
- He is not afraid to stand on his record
He is truly a “commissioner for all of Albany County”
Jerry Kennedy is serving as Albany County Commissioner. He is Albany County’s only rural representative.
Jerry was Albany County’s representative to the Wyoming County Commissioners’ Association, served on the Executive Board, and is Vice Chairman of the Health and Safety Committee.
While Jerry was serving as commissioner he was reappointed by Governor Freudenthal and Governor Mead to the “Public Safety Communications Commission”
- Past Chairman of the WYOLINK operations working group
- Jerry Represented Statewide County Government on the Commission
- Jerry still serves as a member on operations in an advisory position
Prior to his election as County Commissioner, Jerry has served on:
- Albany County Weed and Pest District Board for 27 years, as chairman for 12 of those years
- Wyoming Weed and Pest Council area 6 Director, receiving his 25 years service pin, member of the Interagency State Weed Team, member of Wyoming Agriculture Unity Group
- Albany County Predatory Animal Control Board. Jerry served as Chairman from his first meeting in 1986 until he resigned from the board in 2002.
- Rock Creek Mosquito Association. Served as Treasurer for 20 years.
- Wyoming Outfitters and Guides Association. Served as Director for 2 terms, Chairman of the Governmental Affairs Committee